Upcoming Schedule

Next Episode: SATURDAY MARCH 27, 2010 3:30 PM EST
Special Guest Event: Scott Cullen (TSN.ca)

To listen live click here: Photobucket


JOIN THE BANTER:

phone: 718-664-9597
AIM: hockeynightli
HNLI CHATROOM ON EPISODE PAGE!



HNLI on Twitter

Monday, June 18, 2007

Welcome Back Bergie!

Big news for the Islanders today after an eerily quiet week. The Isles have signed Sean Bergenheim to a contract that is reported to be a one year deal worth about $500,000. In addition, the Newsday report says that it is a one-way contract.

Last summer, the one-way vs. two-way contract controversy was a big sticking point in the stalemate between the Islanders' management and agent Mark Gandler. After a superb year in Sweden in '06-'07, it is clear via the one-way deal that Bergenheim is in the immediate plans of the organization.All I can say right now is Hallelujah. I had heard that we might have another negotiation issue between Snow and Bergie might occur again this year. I am very glad to see that this all worked out and look forward to seeing how Bergenheim has progressed in his development. Bergenheim is a Ted Nolan type player and should fit in very well with this Islanders squad.

I will leave you with a very promising Bergie quote from the New York Islanders report: "I'm very happy and proud to be an Islander again," Bergenheim said this morning from Finland. "My friends back home know that I consider Long Island my second home. I followed the team a lot last season when I was in Europe and I love our style of play. A lot of people have told me my play should fit in with this year’s team, but Ted Nolan doesn’t know me yet. My goal is to show him I’m a Ted Nolan-type player. I can't wait to get back to Long Island."

No comments:

HNLI Host Alex on Newsday's Back Cover with John Tavares! HNLI Alex w/ John Tavares